lördag 14 februari 2009

The English Patient

Swedish to english yes i have some issues at times with english even if im happy have enough skill to make me understood mostly by ppl.

Sometimes i do think tho that ppl born with english as there first language forget not all has it at native langauge, not to flame you for that tho lol i can see why it happens. And sweden are a minor country compared to US or Britain. Swedish are only the 69 of spoken languages in the worlds there english are the number 1.

But from point swedish are my first language and english my second (do have some other skills in german and french and so also).

Back to english not to hard learn to a level you can get understood and understand basic things. But having other base language make me make some mistakes and prolly also speak funny or write strange.

From my point of view english is kinda written backwards grammatically (prolly spelled that wrong now lol) So i suspect i frequent cast words in wrong order in english lol and thing are i dont even see it sometimes, sometimes i do see it after tho lol. Then we also have the versions there i not sure if was that english or did i make it swenglish now hmm.

As some now know and understand i usally play late or night time which mean getting tired not really improve my spelling skills. Your 6 pm are my midnight and its not like i never are up during day time here, kinda have rl isssues to handle also lol.

More about spelling i do mix up words like where and there, what and that dont worry i actually know them and what they mean. Thing are they sound very much the same to me so means i need sometime think about how they sound before get which it are and well sometimes i just write and miss it put a what instead or a that, and yes i do get that it confuse ppl. Made a bad one mixed up soap and soup, (two that also sound simular to me) and yes shan im sure i dont eat soap lol. Swedish for soap = tvål and Soup = soppa. Just to illustrate im very used to 2 very diffrent words.


One Issue i started to get are the so annoying am and pm (even checked up what they mean its latin shorts btw if you wanted to know). im used to 24hrs systems so i auto know if i type 8 its in the former part of they day and 20 are in the evening. ok was to hard get pm are late and am early its just 12 pm and 12 am that screws me over lol. and lol now i forgot again but think 12 am are midnight lol.

Farenheit i can live with i just lol each time look for a converter yes i know you just wanna be diffrent than the Eu ppl, have fun with your miles inches etc lol are ways convert them anyways. no hard feelings.

some what got me more was the way of write dates your do like 2/11 for 11 february and we do 11/2 so if i dont show up you know why im just coming there another day :p

Now after calling you backwards lol i do <3 you friends, but maybe maybe this can tell you somethings why i might frustrate you as hell and my english are freakish strange at times.

ON side not and a very important one, i try type fast and then also not spellcheck its bang bang bang on keys "enter" then OMG i screwed that one up badly lol ok hope they get it, yes believe it im lazy me to and not correct everything (ok not need send me a long mail with this blogpost with red notes, i am sure some are wrong here also). I guess i can go about type slower and also check spelling and correct grammar in game will just take me alotta time or ill just talk to you in swedish hey thats great why dont you all just learn swedish?.

Nothing meant to offend any enlgish ppl or so just my little perspective on haveing diffrent native language and culture.

2 kommentarer:

Kallo sa...

I've never thought of you any different DD ^.^ The only difference, if any is that I respect you more for knowing more then one language. I only know english and I've tried to learn to french. So, I know it can be very difficult and frusterating, so for someone like yourself you have my eternal respect =) <3<3

JESS sa...

Yes you are correct in all the things you said about your english but do not worry..... everything you type is understood very well.
The only one who types the best english is Omoikitte ^^.